COOKING WITH FRESH THYME. FRESH THYME
Cooking with fresh thyme. Cooking and baking games
Cooking With Fresh Thyme
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- (of food) Recently made or obtained; not canned, frozen, or otherwise preserved
- Recently created or experienced and not faded or impaired
- newly: very recently; "they are newly married"; "newly raised objections"; "a newly arranged hairdo"; "grass new washed by the rain"; "a freshly cleaned floor"; "we are fresh out of tomatoes"
- Not previously known or used; new or different
- recently made, produced, or harvested; "fresh bread"; "a fresh scent"; "fresh lettuce"
- (of a cycle) beginning or occurring again; "a fresh start"; "fresh ideas"
- any of various mints of the genus Thymus
- Thyme (; spelling pronunciation ) is a well-known culinary and medicinal herb. In common usage the name may refer to: * any or all members of the plant genus Thymus * common thyme, Thymus vulgaris, and some other species that are used as culinary herbs or for medicinal purposes * Thyme-like
- A low-growing aromatic plant of the mint family. The small leaves are used as a culinary herb, and the plant yields a medicinal oil
- leaves can be used as seasoning for almost any meat and stews and stuffings and vegetables
Saffron Pancetta Risotto
2 cups arborio risotto rice
5 cups beef or chicken stock
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 pound pancetta, sliced into small strips
1 medium sized onion, diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, minced (or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme)
1/2 tsp. saffron threads
1/2 cup grated romano
salt & pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. butter
1) Start by heating a sautee pan over medium heat and add the pancetta, stirring occasionally, allowing the fat to cook off, then remove the pancetta to a plate and add garlic, carrot, and onion. Sautee until onion is a light golden brown and set aside.
2) Heat olive oil and butter in a large sautee pan, add the risotto rice and stir to coat. Add about 1/2 cup of white wine and continue stirring until wine has cooked off. Add another 1/2 cup wine and repeat process until wine is gone, then continue process using chicken stock, 1/2 cup at a time. It will take roughly 40 minutes for the rice to cook to perfection, and you may not need all of the chicken stock, or you may need more. The rice should be creamy, but with a slight firmness. As I mentioned, you or someone else MUST stir the risotto the entire time.
3) Once the rice is just about cooked, add the thyme, pancetta, onion mixture, and saffron. Stir for about another 5 minutes.
4) At the very end, add the romano (or asiago or good parmesan) and stir for another minute off the heat.
Baked Trout with Thyme
Jamie Oliver’s Baked Trout with Thyme
4 one pound rainbow trout, scaled and gutted
2 good handfuls fresh thyme
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 bay leaves, fresh if possible
Preheat oven to 475 F. Wash the trout inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Using a mortar and pestle, smash up the thyme with 1 tsp of salt, some pepper and the olive oil. Rub this mixture into the trout, covering the belly cavity and skin.
Cut the lemons in half and remove the ends so they have a flat edge. Make an incision into the flesh of each lemon half and stick a bay leaf into it. Place the trout and lemons in a roasting tray and bake for about 10 minutes. (To check if trout is cooked, try to pull the meat away from the bone at the thickest part. If it pulls away easily, it’s cooked. If not, return it to the oven for a few more minutes.) The skin should be crispy, and the lemons should be sweet and jammy in flavour. Serves 4.
cooking pre cooked ham
vegetarian cooking lasagna
cooking brown rice in a pressure cooker
cooking schools in manhattan
jeu de cooking academy
substitute for dry sherry in cooking
beef cooking guide
cooking without milk
Post a comment